CENTRAL PIERCE FIRE & RESCUE, WA | Featured Department and Delivery
November 05, 2019
Central Pierce Fire & Rescue stepped away from a long history of purchasing fire apparatus from a sole manufacturer. With this step, the department chose KME Fire Apparatus and Cascade Fire & Emergency, WA to provide eight KME Custom Pumpers engineered to the department's exact specifications.
Paul Stueve, Asst. Chief of Logistics for Central Pierce Fire & Rescue states, “Cascade Fire and KME have provided an experience of responsiveness, a willingness to meet high expectations, and delivery with professionalism."
The district has identified key features that were vital to the department and community. During the rig planning, CPFR performed extensive research from their fleet and service departments as well as every level of personnel involved with the apparatus. The fire pump and plumbing was a key specification for the engines to lift and move a lot of water with ease. The scene lighting package was optimized from all angles on the cab to provide increased visibility for the officer and driver. For durability and appearance, the department moved to a Line-X finish of all diamond plate on the exterior.
Central Pierce Fire & Rescue serves a diverse area including the City of Puyallup, WA, which has urban challenges and also serves a portion of unincorporated Pierce County. The response area varies including a major university, multi-story hotels, and the urban interface setting with housing developments separated by undeveloped land. Included in this area are three major highways, railroad lines, small airports, and large gas pipeline.
Paul Stueve says, "The new pumpers have hit the streets, providing service reliably as promised. The feedback from our citizens has been positive with regards to their impressive appearance. From early evaluations by our firefighters, the consensus has been positive on the design features that were specified and how these pumpers perform.”
ABOUT THE PUMPERS
· 100" Predator MFD Cab with 10" Raised Roof, Aluminum Construction
· Severe Service Interior Package
· HD Soundproofing, Insulation Package Under Engine Enclosure
· USSC Seats with Smart Dock Walkaway SCBA Brackets
· Parabolic Front Springs
· Hendrickson Firemaxx Rear Suspension
· Cummins ISX 12 500 HP Engine
· Allison 4000 EVS Transmission
PUMP & TANK
· Waterous CSU 1500 GPM Single Stage Pump
· 500 Gallon Poly Water Tank
· 30 Gallon Integral Foam Tank
· FoamPro 2002 Foam System
· 147" Pumper Body Constructed of 3/16" Aluminum
· Hinged Door on all Compartments
· Lock-N-Load Retractable Hosebed Cover
· HiViz Scene Lighting Package
· Hardwired Electrical System
· Whelen Emergency Lighting Package
· Safety Vision Color LED Rear Camera System
· David Clark Headset System
· Overall Height: 125"
· Overall Length: 370"
· Wheelbase: 193"